Driven by its vision “to be the reliable regional reference for education quality and excellence” and its mission “to provide innovative services for improving education quality and excellence across the Arab countries, and introducing a leading impact through innovative systems, standards and measures, and sustainable regional and international relations to disseminate knowledge and educational best practices”, the UNESCO Regional Center for Quality and Excellence in Education (RCQE) conducted a study titled “Successful Arab Experiences in Teacher Quality: A Case Study during COVID-19 Pandemic”. The study comes within the context of supporting and developing high-quality research programs on education quality and excellence to meet the needs of Arab countries; and facilitating the fulfillment of the targets and indicators of the Sustainable Development Goal (4) 2030 across the Arab world,
This concept note summarizes the study, annexes and national reports thereof. It will address the analysis of the status of teacher performance during the COVID-19 pandemic in order to identifying gaps in good performance practices throughout the Arab world compared to global experiences and create a framework for distance learning development proposals in Arab countries.
- Promoting regional-level participation and discussions regarding standards of quality teacher performance in Arab countries, especially during crises.
- Reviewing the outcomes of the study conducted by the RCQE titled “Successful Arab Experiences in Teacher Quality: A Case Study during COVID-19 Pandemic”.
- Supporting Arab education systems to achieve the indicators of the Sustainable Development Goal (4).
- Reviewing a proposed framework for quality teacher performance in Arab countries, especially during crises.
- The study outcomes regarding successful Arab experiences in teacher quality.
- Leading global practices and trends pertaining to the international comparison of teacher quality.
- The proposed framework for designing quality teacher performance in Arab countries.
The workshop will be attended via ZOOM application by a large group of intellectuals, experts, researchers, educational decision-makers, academics, teachers, school principals, representatives of ministries of education, national committees and national and international institutions at the local, regional and global levels and individuals concerned with education quality and excellence.
The workshop will be held virtually for one day to review the outcomes of the study “Successful Arab Experiences in Teacher Quality: A Case Study during COVID-19 Pandemic” conducted under the supervision of the UNESCO RCQE in order to present a proposed framework for quality teacher performance in Arab countries, especially during crises, in comparison to international best practices and in line with the status of each country. The workshop will include constructive interventions, whereby participants will be granted the opportunity to communicate and share best practices. Participation is open for specialists, experts and those interested in education quality and excellence.
The workshop will be held in Arabic and simultaneous interpretation into English will be secured via ZOOM.
UNESCO RCQE in cooperation with the Jordanian Ministry of Education and Queen Rania Teacher Academy.
- UNESCO regional centers and offices
- Regional and international organizations
- Arab ministries of education
- Universities in Arab countries, represented by employees of quality assurance faculties and deanships
- National committees for education, culture and science
- Experts, specialists and interested parties
- Common perceptions regarding the reality and quality of teachers’ performance during the COVID-19 pandemic in the participating Arab countries.
- Identifying and disseminating regional and international best practices regarding quality teacher performance in education during crises.
- Recommendations for educational decision-makers in ministries of education that show elements of quality teacher performance in Arab countries in light of international best practices, paired with proposals for their development.
UNESCO Regional Center for Quality and Excellence in Education
in cooperation with
The Jordanian Ministry of Education will organize
Successful Arab Experiences in Teacher Quality: A Case Study during COVID-19 Pandemic
From 11:30 AM to 02:00 PM (Saudi time)
Tuesday, 13 December 2022
Online Regional Workshop