Merging Ministries of Education: Lessons learned from International experiences
As part of the commitment to its mandate, The Regional Center for Quality and Excellence in Education (RCQE) has partnered with the UNESCO International Institute for Educational Planning (IIEP) France, to prepare a white paper on the Merger/ Restructuring of Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Education & Ministry of Higher Education.
- Identifying international best practices and lessons learned of merging policies of educational organizations managing k-12 and higher education.
- Reviewing policies and procedures resulting from the merger of educational organizations (centralized and decentralized management systems).
- Discovering the different roles of management authorities and expected roles of educational institutes upon the merger.
- Recommending development and training needs for management authorities and educational institutes for successful implementation of policies resulting from the merger.
- Survey of the literature on merging ministries of education
- Case study reports: KSA & Malaysia
- Key learned lessons from international & local professionals
- Key quality indicators on education
UNESCO International Institute for Educational Planning